Blue Bonnet Court
The Blue Bonnet Court, originally called the Bluebonnet Tourist Camp, is a historic motor court-style motel in north-central Austin, Texas. Built in 1928-1929 by Joe and Elizabeth Lucas, the motel is situated on the northwestern corner of the Hyde Park subdivision along what was then the main road out of town. In the 1930s it featured Austin's first neon sign, which still hangs from the front (without the neon).
Blue Bonnet Court features a stone wall in front with 11 basic rooms and attached covered parking. The rooms are rented today as efficiency apartments.
The motel is located at 4407 Guadalupe Street. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
Description from Wikipedia
Do you have a comment, update or tip about this page?
Email us at: motortexas.usa @ gmail.com
Or use the
Our sponsors help keep this site on the road. Check 'em out.
The entity, business, location or person referred to or referenced on this page is not affiliated with MOTOR Texas
(unless otherwise noted).
The information is provided as-is and is for entertainment purposes only.
We do not guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Any of the trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights or similar rights that are mentioned,
used or cited in this article are the property of their respective owners.